Sqoop >> mail # dev >> How to compile sqoop

+
Zhao Hong 2012-12-20, 12:36
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2012-12-20, 14:56
Re: How to compile sqoop
Thanks again,  It works now  when using "ant clean jar-all
-Dhadoopversion=20".

Regards,

Hong
On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 10:56 PM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi Zhao,
> the exception you're seeing is typical when Sqoop was compiled for
> different Hadoop version that you're running on your cluster.
>
> Sqoop by default is compiling for hadoop 23. You can change that by
> passing property -Dhadoopversion=20 as you tried to do. Unfortunately it
> seems to me that you have typo in your command and you have "hadoopverion"
> instead of "hadoopversion". You can check ant log for hadoop version that
> build is using in order to be sure that you're building against version
> that you need to.
>
> I would recommend to rebuild the project in case that you change the
> hadoopversion parameter to force ant recompile all the classing again:
>
> ant clean jar-all -Dhadoopversion=20
>
> Jarcec
>
> On Dec 20, 2012, at 4:36 AM, Zhao Hong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I  compiled branch-1.4.2 of  sqoop  with the  command below.
> >           ant jar-all -Dhadoopverion=20
> > and the result is totally successful.
> >
> > When I  try to import some data from oracle database using the sqoop
> that I
> > built ,  I got the exception : "Exception in thread "main"
> > java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found class
> > org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobContext, but interface was expected."
> >
> > I cant get the right result when run the same command using the sqoop
> from
> > the org and my hadoop version is  hadoop-0.20.2-cdh3u2.
> >
> > So, my question is how should I compile the sqoop to work with my hadoop.
> >
> > Thanks & Regards.
> >
> > Hong

+
Zhao Hong 2012-12-21, 03:24
+
Zhao Hong 2012-12-20, 12:38
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2012-12-20, 14:44
+
Zhao Hong 2012-12-21, 03:28
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2012-12-21, 06:31
+
vasanth kumar 2012-12-23, 18:55
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2012-12-23, 21:24
+
Arvind Prabhakar 2012-12-24, 01:58
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2012-12-24, 06:22
+
vasanth kumar 2012-12-24, 17:45