Hadoop >> mail # user >> balance blocks between small and bigger disks in the same datanode.

Re: balance blocks between small and bigger disks in the same datanode.
Good morning Harsh,
Thanks for late night reply ;-)

>> Quick q: were some disks added later, as part of this datanode?
there is no new disks added.. i just planned to load off data blk from
that small partition to other bigger partitions,
but seem to me that bring down 130 nodes just for moving blk is sth
need to seriously considered, and later on
if i ran rebalance, /hadoop1 will be filled back again.

Is there anyway to tell hadoop to stop using _a partition_ once free
space of a partition hit certain limit ?

as far as I researched, it point to "dfs.datanode.du.reserved" which
in this case if i put dfs.datanode.du.reserved = (33G in byte)

DFS still continue using /hadoop2, /hadoop3... but not fill more blk
on /hadoop1?

Please suggest,
-Patai