HBase, mail # dev - renaming table

+
Ted Yu 2012-03-23, 18:38
+
Stack 2012-03-23, 18:54
Re: renaming table
Shrijeet Paliwal 2012-10-18, 17:36
Sorry to bring this topic back . Here is a java copy of old script ,
changes made to make it work in 0.92.x https://gist.github.com/3913529

Stack, I disabled the old table before renaming it, but the new table
(renamed version) that gets created as a result of executing this program -
gets created in enabled state. By that I mean as soon as it finishes, the
hbck is going to report that we have entries in meta and data in HDFS but
no regionserver is serving those regions. Running hbck with repair flag
bring things back in order though.

Is this how it used to behave in 0.90.x as well? Could I do something which
makes the creation of renamed table in disabled state?

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 11:38 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I noticed bin/rename_table.rb is no longer in 0.92 distro.
> >

> That script was a hack.
>
> > What is the recommended practice of renaming hbase table in 0.92 and
> newer
> > versions ?
> >

> Hack on bin/rename_table.rb to make it work w/ 0.92 (Will need to
> change .META., rename fs dir, and edit .tableinfo)
>
> St.Ack

+
Stack 2012-10-18, 21:45