Pig >> mail # user >> .processed file

Re: .processed file
This is part of something custom that we have been doing with our custom ruby PigRunner we are using.  It allows us to do this:

<!-- include file="constants.pig" -->

It includes the code from constants.pig into the script defining it.  That being said.  I am not sold on this pattern is the best way to handle this stuff in pig.