HBase >> mail # user >> Roll of hbase.tmp.dir in HBase

Re: Roll of hbase.tmp.dir in HBase
Hi Stack and Nick,
Thanks for the reply.

@Stack:
I went through the following link
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hbase.tmp.dir before posting my query.
hbase.tmp.dir

Temporary directory on the local filesystem. Change this setting to point
to a location more permanent than '/tmp' (The '/tmp' directory is often
cleared on machine restart).

Default: /tmp/hbase-${user.name}

IMHO, the description didn't say about the significance/roll of this
property. Yes, it would be nice if we can add some more details about this
property.

@Nick: I am using HBase 0.92.1, CompactionTool.java is part of HBase 0.96
as per https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-7253.

I have 10 disks on my slave node that will primarily be used for serving
HBase queries(very less MR ). So, i was trying to distribute my disk I/O
load evenly among the disk. Will it be fine if i just dedicate 1 disk for
hadoop.tmp.dir or 1 disk is also a overkill for hbase.tmp.dir.

Thanks,

Anil Gupta

--
Thanks & Regards,