MapReduce, mail # user - [Hadoop-Help]About Map-Reduce implementation

+
Mayur Patil 2013-02-05, 21:31
+
Mayur Patil 2013-02-05, 21:36
Re: [Hadoop-Help]About Map-Reduce implementation
Jagat Singh 2013-02-05, 21:42
Hi,

Please read basics on how hadoop works.

Then start your hands on with map reduce coding.

The tool which has been made for you is flume , but don't see tool till you
complete above two steps.

Good luck , keep us posted.

Regards,

Jagat Singh

-----------
Sent from Mobile , short and crisp.
On 06-Feb-2013 8:32 AM, "Mayur Patil" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>     I am new to Hadoop. I am doing a project in cloud in which I
>
>     have to use hadoop for Map-reduce. It is such that I am going
>
>     to collect logs from 2-3 machines having different locations.
>
>     The logs are also in different formats such as .rtf .log .txt
>
>     Later, I have to collect and convert them to one format and
>
>     collect to one location.
>
>     So I am asking which module of Hadoop that I need to study
>
>     for this implementation?? Or whole framework should I need
>
>     to study ??
>
>     Seeking for guidance,
>
>     Thank you !!
> --