Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.2-rc0

+
Arun C Murthy 2012-03-29, 22:45
+
Ted Yu 2012-03-29, 22:55
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-03-29, 23:07
+
Eli Collins 2012-04-18, 18:54
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-04-19, 18:26
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-04-19, 18:45
+
Eli Collins 2012-04-19, 19:26
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-04-19, 19:54
+
Enis Söztutar 2012-04-19, 20:05
Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.2-rc0
I believe it's premature to release a non-alpha. branch-2.0 does not contain a full working implementation of host-based tokens that was introduced in 1.x (yes, it was done out of order...).  This is a very important feature that prevents tokens from being invalidated when a host's ip changes.  The token implementation in 2.0 requires daemons to be restarted and/or jobs resubmitted when the ip of an NN is changed (ex. an upgrade).  Host-based tokens prevents the need to restart all cluster that access a remote cluster that is upgraded.

I've been actively working on the yarn side and close to completion.  Until that's complete, I feel we should consider 2.x an alpha so there's not an omission of a major feature.

Daryn

+
Todd Lipcon 2012-04-20, 18:41
+