Accumulo >> mail # user >> Error BAD_CREDENTIALS

Error BAD_CREDENTIALS
All,

I am getting the following error when trying to connect from a Java
client:

org.apache.accumulo.core.client.AccumuloSecurityException: Error
BAD_CREDENTIALS - Username or Password is Invalid
    at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ServerClient.execute(ServerClient.java:73)
    at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ConnectorImpl.<init>(ConnectorImpl.java:75)
    at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.ZooKeeperInstance.getConnector(ZooKeeperInstance.java:218)
    at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.ZooKeeperInstance.getConnector(ZooKeeperInstance.java:206)
    at
com.raytheon.accumulo.demo.AccumuloConnection.main(AccumuloConnection.java:19)
Caused by: ThriftSecurityException(user:demo, code:BAD_CREDENTIALS)
    at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.thrift.ClientService$authenticateUser_result.read(ClientService.java:7755)
    at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.thrift.ClientService$Client.recv_authenticateUser(ClientService.java:415)

I get the same error if I run the accumulo shell as the demo user. If I run
the shell as root it all runs fine.

do I need to change some permissions somewhere? I changed the hdfs
/accumulo to be 777 and all the files to be 777 as well, but that did not
change anything,

I installed accumulo as root and initialized it as root.

thanks in advance,

Tim
+
John Vines 2013-01-08, 16:37