Avro >> mail # user >> An experiment: Avro schema to JSON Schema conversion

An experiment: Avro schema to JSON Schema conversion
Hello,

I've had a little fun and could make a full Avro Schema to JSON Schema
conversion processor:

http://json-schema-validator.herokuapp.com/avro.jsp

It uses the Avro Java library to parse the schema, and a series of
"translators" then translate each Avro type to their matching JSON
Schema.

All Avro schemas you can think of can be translated, with the current
limitation that they must be self contained. In the future, I'll split
this processor into its own package and maybe add support for Avro
schema "bundles".

Interesting note: since the output of the processor is an input for
the validation chain of my Java JSON Schema validation library, it
means you can use an Avro schema and validate JSON data directly using
the generated JSON Schemas! Fun, I tell you.

--
Francis Galiegue, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
JSON Schema in Java: http://json-schema-validator.herokuapp.com