HBase, mail # user - Merging regions issue

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-04, 22:46
Re: Merging regions issue
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-04, 22:54
Sorry for replying so quickly to myself.

So, here is what I did.

I had a table with only "few" lines". about 20 000.

Table was split over 16 regions.

I merged all the regions into one, then asked HBase via the HTML
interface to split it until I got more than 64 regions.

Then I tried to re-merged them all together again into a single one.

Now, bin/hbase hbck is giving me 65 inconsistencies detected. for this table.

All the inconsistencies are related to the table I played with.

I don't know at what stage the issue happend, so it'S a bit difficult
to reproduce, but seems something went wrong in the process.

JM

2012/12/4, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi,
>
> While merging many regions, I'm getting this error for some of them:
>
> 12/12/04 17:45:16 FATAL util.Merge: Merge failed
> java.io.IOException: Files have same sequenceid: 75533866
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.merge(HRegion.java:4080)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Merge.merge(Merge.java:291)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Merge.mergeTwoRegions(Merge.java:242)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Merge.run(Merge.java:111)
> at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:65)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Merge.main(Merge.java:387)
>
> Any idea why?
>
> Thanks,
>
> JM

+