HBase >> mail # user >> Merging regions issue

Re: Merging regions issue
Sorry for replying so quickly to myself.

So, here is what I did.

I had a table with only "few" lines". about 20 000.

Table was split over 16 regions.

I merged all the regions into one, then asked HBase via the HTML
interface to split it until I got more than 64 regions.

Then I tried to re-merged them all together again into a single one.

Now, bin/hbase hbck is giving me 65 inconsistencies detected. for this table.

All the inconsistencies are related to the table I played with.

I don't know at what stage the issue happend, so it'S a bit difficult
to reproduce, but seems something went wrong in the process.

JM