HBase >> mail # user >> targeted version

Re: targeted version

On 07/09/2012 09:34 AM, Tony Dean wrote:
> Hi,
> I believe that I am hitting an identified issued HBASE-5780.  I'm
> using 0.92.1.  It says that it is fixed in 0.92.2, 0.94.0, and 0.96.0.
That's correct.
> The download page does not have 0.92.2 or 0.96.0?
It seems that is working normally, at least for me from here.
> I'm using the hbase-security distribution and just wondering which
> version I should target if the software that I am developing is
> scheduled to release later this year or early next year.
You can ask to the main developers about the HBase Roadmap for this.
>   Also, when do you plan on getting to 1.0?  0.xx.0 leads me to think
> that its somehow pre-production.
HBase is used in production today for a lot of companies: Tumblr,
Facebook, StumbleUpon, Trend Micro, Mozilla Corp, and many more. In the
first event dedicated exclusively to HBase, many companies gave great
talks about its current use of HBase in production. You can check the
HBaseCon tag in Slideshare.net in the Cloudera's profile to see all talks:
http://www.slideshare.net/cloudera/tag/hbasecon-2012

So, I think that these releases are ready for production.

--

Marcos Luis Ort�z Valmaseda
*Data Engineer && Sr. System Administrator at UCI*

http://www.uci.cu
http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci