HBase, mail # user - Merging Hbase Region for a Table

Re: Merging Hbase Region for a Table
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-12-02, 14:43
Hi Vineet,

You need to put HBase off, but HDFS need to stay on if you want to be able
to access the files in it.

Since I'm using Cloudera Manager I usually just use it to stop HBase, but
from the command line you should be able to do something like
bin/stop-hbase.sh .

Also, don't do this on a production cluster.