HBase >> mail # user >> Merging Hbase Region for a Table

Re: Merging Hbase Region for a Table
Hi Vineet,

You need to put HBase off, but HDFS need to stay on if you want to be able
to access the files in it.

Since I'm using Cloudera Manager I usually just use it to stop HBase, but
from the command line you should be able to do something like
bin/stop-hbase.sh .

Also, don't do this on a production cluster.