Hive >> mail # user >> Hive external table partitions with less than symbol ?

Re: Hive external table partitions with less than symbol ?
Yes it is possible:
hadoop fs -mkdir /hdfs_path/'cust_id>1000'
I tested it and works, then you can store data in this directory .

for concat function you do simple:

insert into your_table_partionned PARTITION (path_xxx)
select attr,id,  concat ('/data1/customer/', id) as path_xxx  from
your_table
where  id <1000
Cdt.

--