HBase >> mail # dev >> VOTE: hbase-0.95.0RC0, the first "Developer Release" release candidate is available for download and vote

+
Stack 2013-04-01, 23:52
+
Stack 2013-04-02, 18:07
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-04-02, 18:20
+
Stack 2013-04-02, 20:28
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-04-02, 20:39
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-04-01, 23:59
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-04-02, 01:05
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-04-02, 02:32
+
Stack 2013-04-02, 04:37
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-04-02, 11:36
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-04-02, 01:01
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-04-02, 01:50
Re: VOTE: hbase-0.95.0RC0, the first "Developer Release" release candidate is available for download and vote
On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 6:01 PM, Enis Söztutar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Great work.
>
> How will we effectively communicate that this release can eat your computer
> (developer release)? Any pointers from the last 0.89 attempt?

I can add to the head of this document,
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/HBaseVersions, either a pointer or text
discussing of how 0.95 and how it could eat your brain so be sure to wear
your tin-foil hat before downloading:.  We need to keep up the messaging
too wherever it is mentioned.

Our 0.89 messaging was really effective.  We repeatedly talked of how all
guarantees were off and that you should not run it in production..... and
then fb went and deployed messages on an 0.89 (smile).

> Going to hbase.apache.org -> Downloads -> might directly lead users to
> download 0.95, and play with it. Should we add something to the home page?

Yeah.  Let me do that after we get RC over a vote.   We could put it up and
edit the HEADER.html so flashing warnings but also encouraging folks to try
it and give us feedback.

St.Ack
+
Stack 2013-04-02, 03:59