HBase >> mail # user >> Multiple regionservers on a single node

Re: Multiple regionservers on a single node
I too am interested in running multiple RS on a single node.

I have a very small cluster where all nodes are identical.  However, I was
just given a very powerful node to add into this cluster which effectively
doubles the total CPUs, RAM, and HDDs in the cluster.

As such, when I run a MR job half the jobs go to this single, new node yet
most of the data is not local due to HBase balancing the regions.

Does it make sense for me to run multi-RS on this node?

--

Robert Dyer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]