Hive, mail # dev - [Discuss] project chop up

+
Edward Capriolo 2013-07-26, 02:48
+
Brock Noland 2013-07-26, 04:52
+
Edward Capriolo 2013-07-26, 04:56
+
Edward Capriolo 2013-07-26, 13:33
+
Thejas Nair 2013-07-26, 17:36
+
Edward Capriolo 2013-07-26, 23:09
+
Alan Gates 2013-07-27, 03:10
+
Brock Noland 2013-07-27, 03:40
+
Alan Gates 2013-07-27, 04:04
+
Edward Capriolo 2013-07-27, 14:03
+
Brock Noland 2013-07-27, 15:51
+
Mohammad Islam 2013-07-27, 18:19
+
Brock Noland 2013-08-07, 19:06
+
Edward Capriolo 2013-08-07, 19:57
+
Brock Noland 2013-08-07, 20:01
+
kulkarni.swarnim@...) 2013-08-07, 19:55
+
Owen OMalley 2013-08-07, 20:49
Re: [Discuss] project chop up
Edward Capriolo 2013-08-07, 21:04
"Some of the hard part was that some of the test classes are in the wrong
module that references classes in a later module."

I think the modules will have to be able to reference each other in many
cases. Serde and QL are tightly coupled. QL is really too large and we
should find a way to cut that up.

Part of this problem is the q.tests

I think one way to handle this is to only allow unit tests inside the
module. I imagine running all the q tests would be done in a final module
hive-qtest. Or possibly two final modules
hive-qtest
hive-qtest-extra (tangential things like UDFS and input formats not core to
hive)
On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 4:49 PM, Owen O'Malley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 12:55 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > I'd like to propose we move towards Maven.
> >
> > Big +1 on this. Most of the major apache projects(hadoop, hbase, avro
> etc.)
> > are maven based.
> >

> A big +1 from me too. I actually took a pass at it a couple of months ago.
> Some of the hard part was that some of the test classes are in the wrong
> module that references classes in a later module. Obviously that prevents
> any kind of modular build.
>
> As an additional plus to Maven is that Maven includes tools to correct the
> project and module dependencies.
>
> -- Owen

+
Owen OMalley 2013-08-07, 21:20
+
Edward Capriolo 2013-08-16, 03:14
+
Edward Capriolo 2013-08-16, 15:58
+
Edward Capriolo 2013-08-17, 02:31
+
Xuefu Zhang 2013-08-17, 03:16
+
Edward Capriolo 2013-08-20, 14:28
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-08-20, 21:31
+
amareshwari sriramdasu 2013-08-21, 06:35
+
Thiruvel Thirumoolan 2013-08-21, 23:13
+
Brock Noland 2013-07-27, 04:25