Hive >> mail # dev >> [Discuss] project chop up

Re: [Discuss] project chop up
"Some of the hard part was that some of the test classes are in the wrong
module that references classes in a later module."

I think the modules will have to be able to reference each other in many
cases. Serde and QL are tightly coupled. QL is really too large and we
should find a way to cut that up.

Part of this problem is the q.tests

I think one way to handle this is to only allow unit tests inside the
module. I imagine running all the q tests would be done in a final module
hive-qtest. Or possibly two final modules
hive-qtest
hive-qtest-extra (tangential things like UDFS and input formats not core to
hive)