Hadoop, mail # dev - how to create a group in hdfs

Re: how to create a group in hdfs
springring 2011-03-24, 00:15
Segel,

    I got it, and sorry I just send this mail by "answer all" another mail,
and forget that include hbase.
    Thanks.

Ring
----- Original Message -----
From: "Segel, Mike" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Ryan Rawson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:32 PM
Subject: RE: how to create a group in hdfs
Not sure why this has anything to do with hbase...

The short answer...
Outside of the supergroup which is controlled by dfs.permissions.supergroup,
Hadoop apparently checks to see if the owner is a member of the group you want to use.
This could be controlled by the local machine's /etc/group file, or if you're using NIS or LDAP, its controlled there.

So you can run the unix shell command groups to find out which group(s) you belong to, and then switch to one of those.

HTH

-Mike