MapReduce >> mail # user >> questions about Registered UNIX signal handlers for [TERM, HUP, INT]

questions about Registered UNIX signal handlers for [TERM, HUP, INT]
Hi  again

  At the tips of my namenode(hadoop-2.2.0) log,it is :
  13/11/15 10:03:38 INFO namenode.NameNode: registered UNIX signal handlers
for [TERM, HUP, INT]

  Does it means whether I can send the UNIX signal (such as TERM, HUP, INT
) to through the terminal.
  What  reflection will the namenode response for  these  UNIX signal (such
as TERM, HUP, INT ).