HBase, mail # dev - Help with HBaseTestingUtility / MiniDFSCluster

+
David Williams 2013-07-13, 02:37
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-13, 04:30
+
David Williams 2013-07-13, 05:22
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-13, 20:11
+
David Williams 2013-07-13, 23:08
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-14, 04:41
+
David Williams 2013-07-14, 16:58
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-14, 17:47
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-13, 03:33
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-15, 17:54
Re: Help with HBaseTestingUtility / MiniDFSCluster
David Williams 2013-07-15, 18:28
Hi Andrew,

Yes that solves it.  Care to answer the SO question with some details about why?  I put a 100pt bounty.
On Jul 15, 2013, at 10:54 AM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> umask 022 first, then run the tests
>

> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 7:37 PM, David Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am having an issue starting the a mini cluster for the HBaseTestingUtility.  In short I can on Mac OSX, but cannot on Linux.   But the error is cryptic and I don't know what to do next.
>
> I submitted a ticket with full details on StackOverflow,
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17625938/hbase-minidfscluster-java-fails-in-certain-environments
>
> But when I call .startMiniCluster  on an instance of HBaseTestingUtility , on Linux (CentOS x86_64), I receive this error:
>

> ERROR in (create-table) (MiniDFSCluster.java:426)
> Uncaught exception, not in assertion.
> expected: nil
>   actual: java.lang.NullPointerException: null
>  at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.MiniDFSCluster.startDataNodes (MiniDFSCluster.java:426)
>     org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.MiniDFSCluster.<init> (MiniDFSCluster.java:284)
>     org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseTestingUtility.startMiniDFSCluster (HBaseTestingUtility.java:444)
>     org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseTestingUtility.startMiniCluster (HBaseTestingUtility.java:612)
>     org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseTestingUtility.startMiniCluster (HBaseTestingUtility.java:568)
>     org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseTestingUtility.startMiniCluster (HBaseTestingUtility.java:555)
>
> I would appreciate help in finding out whats going on and how to set up my ENV to use the HBaseTestingUtility.
>
> Thanks
> David
>

> --
> Best regards,