HBase, mail # user - Should I use HBASE?

+
stable29 2011-09-14, 10:02
Re: Should I use HBASE?
Joey Echeverria 2011-09-14, 12:11
What do you mean by "server information"? If you're talking about
performance metrics, checkout OpenTSDB[1]. It's built on top of HBase
and designed for this exact use case.

-Joey

[1] http://opentsdb.net/

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 6:02 AM, stable29 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Currently I am using RDBMS in my project. My project basically monitor
> servers. It has to collect the information from all the servers ( no. of
> servers could be very huge) every 5 minutes and store it in the database.
> storing all the servers information ( around 10000 rows will be inserted
> with logical comparison) within 5 minutes itself is challenging for RDBMS
> database. we have to maintain around 6 months data in the database.
> So,that’s why the data amount becomes very huge.  This is the primary
> requirement of our project and if it works good then this could be used
> widely. Basically I like to know if at all the Hbase could enhance the
> writing and reading time of the database and could be used to scale the
> database in great respect.

Joseph Echeverria
Cloudera, Inc.
443.305.9434