Flume, mail # user - Source and Sink on different machine

+
Abhijeet Pathak 2012-12-28, 06:36
+
Nitin Pawar 2012-12-28, 07:47
RE: Source and Sink on different machine
Abhijeet Pathak 2012-12-28, 07:53
I want to setup a failover configuration.

On Machine1 I've a source.
On Machine2 & Machine3, I have (hbase) sinks.
I want to configure them in failover mode. That is, by default events should go to sink on Machine2's sink. But if Machine2 fails then they should automatically go to Machine3's sink.

Is that possible in Flume-NG? How?

Thanks,
Abhijeet

From: Nitin Pawar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2012 1:18 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Source and Sink on different machine

if I understood it correctly, you want to put your log data into hbase which is hosted remotely?

yes thats easily doable.

Flume-NG does everything alone instead of older master-slave architecture. It has currently source channel and sink. you can collect logs on a machine via an agent and using same agent you can sink them into hbase  on a remote host