Flume, mail # user - Send data to a remote Hbase server

+
George Pang 2013-10-31, 06:40
+
Ashish 2013-10-31, 07:36
+
George Pang 2013-10-31, 20:57
+
George Pang 2013-11-01, 21:14
Re: Send data to a remote Hbase server
Jeff Lord 2013-11-04, 16:33
Zookeeper should already be running on the hbase server.
If you are using standalone mode it is run within the same jvm as hbase.

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 2:14 PM, George Pang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Ashish,
>
> Does it mean I have to install zookeeper too in the HBase box, in order to
> talk to Hbase from a remote Flume?
>
> Thank you,
>
> George
>

> On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 12:36 AM, Ashish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Have a look at http://flume.apache.org/FlumeUserGuide.html#hbasesinks
>>
>> It says "This sink writes data to HBase. The Hbase configuration is
>> picked up from the first hbase-site.xml encountered in the classpath."
>>
>> It will be able to talk to your Remote Server.
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 12:10 PM, George Pang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I set up Flume to get Apache server log and send it over to Hbase, my
>>> experiment works in a single machine (Apache, Flume and Hbase all in local
>>> machine)
>>>
>>> If I want Flume to send to Hbase located in a remote server, what should
>>> I do? I don't see in flume.conf example a place for remote Hbase address.
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>>
>>> George
>>>

>> --
>> thanks