Avro >> mail # user >> How to convert .avpr/.avdl file to .avsc file.

Re: How to convert .avpr/.avdl file to .avsc file.
Sounds like you have a problem with Hive, not with Avro — please ask
on the Hive mailing list.

You can check whether a file in HDFS is a valid Avro data file by
copying it to your local disk (hadoop fs -copyToLocal ...) and
displaying it as JSON (java -jar avro-tools-$VERSION.jar tojson
file.avro). If that doesn't work, you'll have to adjust whatever
you're doing with Hive to load the data.

Martin