HBase, mail # user - On source code of File Section mechanism in minor compaction

+
yun peng 2013-04-11, 14:52
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-11, 15:00
+
yun peng 2013-04-11, 15:04
Re: On source code of File Section mechanism in minor compaction
Ted Yu 2013-04-11, 16:12
For 0.94, take a look at these files:

94-hbase tyu$ ls
src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/compactions
CompactSelection.java CompactionProgress.java CompactionRequest.java

You can see the revision history for these files. I suggest you start with
recent JIRAs that touched them.

Cheers

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 8:04 AM, yun peng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sorry to not mention the version. I am looking at version 0.94.2 which
> seems file RatioBasedCompactionPolicy is not yet in.
> regards,
> Yun
>

> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Which release are you targeting ?
> >
> > In trunk, take a look at RatioBasedCompactionPolicy which is the default:
> >
> > public class RatioBasedCompactionPolicy extends CompactionPolicy {
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 7:52 AM, yun peng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi, All
> > > I am asking the source code showing the file selection mechanism for
> > minor
> > > compaction in HBase. I am aware that HBase minor compaction selects
> file
> > > based on size and generation time. But I can not find source file that
> > > realizes this mechanism in HBase. I am interested in the algorithm
> works
> > > behind it. Kindly point to me the source code and I appreciate it.
> > Thanks.
> > > Regards
> > > Yun

+