Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: Hello and request some advice.

+
Nitin Pawar 2013-01-04, 17:45
RE: Hello and request some advice.
If you like RedHat, consider Centos also; it is a nearly-complete clone of the RHEL distro.
John
From: Nitin Pawar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2013 10:46 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Hello and request some advice.

- Is Ubuntu a good O.S. for running Hadoop?  I've tried to learn in the past using Red Hat & Infosphere Biginsights, but I need a free O.S.
If you want a free O.S , ubuntu is good but if you are familiar with RedHat then you may want to have look at Scientific Linux (Its free as well)
+
Rajeev Yadav 2013-01-04, 19:18
+
John Lilley 2013-01-04, 19:27