HBase >> mail # user >> GET performance degrades over time

Re: GET performance degrades over time
> If you're not swapping then don't worry about it.
>
> My comment was that even though you set the swap to 0, and I'm going from
> memory, its possible for some swap to occur.
> (But I could be wrong. )

Thanks for sharing this info. Will remember for future debugging too.
Checked the vm.swappiness and as suggested by Jean-Marc and it is
definitely not set to 0. But since we are not swapping I doubt that's the
issue here.

> You really don't have a lot of memory, and you have a  5GB heap... MSLABS
> on? Could you be facing a GC pause?

MSLABS is on or rather I have not modified it and if I recall correctly it
should be ON by default in 0.94.x. I have GC logs on and don't see stop the
world GC pauses. GC logs are filling up quickly but I have noticed that on
my high RAM instances too.