Accumulo, mail # dev - Vote For A) README_UBUNTU B) "Compiling on Ubuntu" In README

+
David Medinets 2012-07-26, 23:16
+
Keith Turner 2012-07-27, 16:32
+
Josh Elser 2012-08-02, 01:36
+
Keith Turner 2012-08-02, 15:02
+
David Medinets 2012-08-03, 00:56
RE: Vote For A) README_UBUNTU B) "Compiling on Ubuntu" In README
Dave Marion 2012-07-27, 00:25

  Neither. Looking over the README, it contains information for developers
and users. So, we have a README, user and developer manuals, and a wiki.
This information is clearly for developers, maybe it should go in the
developer manual or on the web site in the developer guide section[1].

  It almost seems as if there are too many documents. Maybe get rid of the
README, and instead have a CHANGES document that details the differences
between releases. Then, in addition, have a user and developer manual in the
distribution, and make those document also available from the web site.
Three documents instead of four, each having their own distinct purpose.

[1] http://accumulo.apache.org/source.html

Dave