Drill >> mail # user >> Just Starting out.

Just Starting out.
Hi, and I am new here, excited and wanting the Mongo Storage engine soon
and maybe willing to help on something.

I was having some trouble with both rat checks and
   goal com.github.igor-petruk.protobuf:protobuf-maven-plugin:0.6.3:run
(default) on project common: 'protoc' failed.
on milestone 1.0.0 branch from github.

SO I went with the master (@ 4a83dae35) Sun Dec 1 20:11:27 2013 -0800
Which both mvn installed and m2e fairly well.

So I tried the reference simple_plan executor instruction  and lo found no
output, in fact it seemed like the plan graph was not interpreted at all.
So I got a little brave (foolish) and run the RunSimplePlan test:

org.apache.drill.exec.ref.RunSimplePlan
flattenPlan(org.apache.drill.exec.ref.RunSimplePlan)
java.lang.AssertionError: expected:<0> but was:<1>

at
org.apache.drill.exec.ref.RunSimplePlan.flattenPlan(RunSimplePlan.java:72)
[...]
parseSimplePlan(org.apache.drill.exec.ref.RunSimplePlan)
java.lang.AssertionError: expected:<0> but was:<1>

at
org.apache.drill.exec.ref.RunSimplePlan.parseSimplePlan(RunSimplePlan.java:47)

I am not sure why I didn't see this failure on the initial root maven
install. I did see two errors about a tmp file system issue (being on
windows I thought nothing special of that)

But, I wanted to step around in the debugger, and since the joinPlan
worked, I thought why not make the simplePlan.json *not* a sequence. Lo it
worked!
This seems rather fundamental, so I doubt my environment.
Any confirmation? Ideas? Questions?
--
for(;;); /* [EMAIL PROTECTED] */