Accumulo >> mail # user >> [VOTE] 1.5.0-RC2

+
Christopher 2013-05-09, 00:31
+
Keith Turner 2013-05-09, 18:34
+
Roshan Punnoose 2013-05-09, 18:50
+
Christopher 2013-05-09, 19:42
Re: [VOTE] 1.5.0-RC2
On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 3:42 PM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Are you thinking of maunually renaming the tar, rpm, and debs, replacing
> > accumulo-assemble w/ accumulo, when these are pushed out to mirrors?  For
> > the tar this would require untar, rename, tar and recomputing the sigs
> and
> > hashes.
>
> I was thinking about renaming the RPM and DEBs to conform to their
> respective naming conventions, but I see no reason to change the
> tarball names, or contents. No recalculations of sigs or hashes would
> be necessary for just a filename change.

When I untar accumulo-assemble-1.5.0-bin.tar.gz and end up with a dir
named accumulo-assemble-1.5.0, I find that really screwy.  I understand how
this came to be.  But the name does not make sense from the perspective of
an outsider.  I would be happy reroll this tar ball with a dir name
of  accumulo-1.5.0.  That would change the tars contents and require
resigning.   I can do this, post it, and we can include that in the vote.

Also, the bin.tar.gz does not include the javadocs.

Voting -1 based on the javadocs.

+
Drew Farris 2013-05-12, 13:19
+