Zookeeper, mail # user - Backup/restore of an emsemble

Re: Backup/restore of an emsemble
Jordan Zimmerman 2013-07-09, 20:45
Exhibitor does not handle snapshots. The backup feature in Exhibitor is for transaction logs only and then only for selected ZNodes in the logs. Exhibitor will create a Lucene index out of the backed up logs so that one can replay any event. IMO - 99% of nodes in ZooKeeper are usually ephemeral and should not be restored.

-JZ