Accumulo, mail # dev - Is C++ code still part of 1.5 release?

+
David Medinets 2013-05-13, 03:22
+
Christopher 2013-05-13, 03:45
+
Josh Elser 2013-05-13, 14:40
+
Christopher 2013-05-13, 15:08
+
David Medinets 2013-05-13, 21:29
+
Eric Newton 2013-05-14, 02:48
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-05-17, 14:26
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-05-17, 14:49
+
Christopher 2013-05-17, 15:53
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-05-17, 18:04
+
Christopher 2013-05-17, 18:31
+
Keith Turner 2013-05-17, 18:46
+
Josh Elser 2013-05-17, 18:22
+
William Slacum 2013-05-17, 18:49
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-05-17, 19:11
+
John Vines 2013-05-17, 19:17
+
Josh Elser 2013-05-17, 19:35
+
John Vines 2013-05-17, 19:51
+
Michael Berman 2013-05-17, 20:00
+
Josh Elser 2013-05-17, 20:20
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-05-17, 21:12
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-05-17, 21:39
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-05-18, 02:11
+
Christopher 2013-05-18, 02:39
+
Dave Marion 2013-05-17, 22:01
+
Christopher 2013-05-17, 21:53
+
Drew Pierce 2013-05-17, 21:42
+
Michael Allen 2013-05-17, 21:19
+
Christopher 2013-05-17, 21:39
+
Josh Elser 2013-05-17, 21:36
+
William Slacum 2013-05-17, 21:34
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-05-17, 20:26
+
William Slacum 2013-05-17, 20:57
+
Corey Nolet 2013-05-17, 19:19
+
William Slacum 2013-05-17, 19:34
Christopher 2013-05-14, 00:43
I could include perl... I do have thrift compiled on my build VM with
perl enabled.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How come perl is getting no love?
>

> On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Josh Elser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> On 5/12/13 11:45 PM, Christopher wrote:
>>
>>> 1) we don't need to include java bindings for the proxy; compiled
>>> versions are already in the proxy jar,
>>> 2) not all packagers will even have installed thrift with the ability
>>> to produce ruby and python bindings,
>>> 3) these may or may not be helpful to any particular end user (though
>>> it's probably safe to assume ruby and python will be the most common),
>>> 4) we're not including the proxy.thrift file, which is perhaps the
>>> most important file for the proxy, and including it should be
>>> sufficient.
>>>

>>>  1)That works. I should've caught that when I was in the proxy last and I
>> didn't.Thanks for that.
>> 2) Do you mean packagers as in people who might make an official release?
>> I would think these are the only people that "really" matter, and thus I
>> would expect them to be able to build a full distributionthat include these
>> bindings. It might be nice to be able to create a packaging for each
>> language (gem, egg, etc); but until we have some sort of packaging, I'd
>> really like to see theruby and pythonsources included even in the binary
>> dist.
>> 3)True, but I'd rather set the bar as low as possible for people who just
>> want to play around in a scripting language with Accumulo.
>> 4) Definitely want to make sure it's included.
>>
>> Does anyone have an opinion on other languages that thrift supports that
>> we should also create bindings for? I concur with your opinion on Ruby and
>> Python, but I wonder if there's something else that people would also like.

+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-05-13, 14:21
+
Christopher 2013-05-13, 15:13