Accumulo, mail # dev - Storing Public Key As Column Qualifier

+
David Medinets 2012-08-14, 13:46
Re: Storing Public Key As Column Qualifier
Adam Fuchs 2012-08-14, 13:52
One thing to consider is that there's probably some data leakage by having
the encrypted data associated with a plainly visible key. Other than that,
it sounds like a neat and reasonable thing to try out! Let us know how it
works.

Adam
On Aug 14, 2012 9:47 AM, "David Medinets" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there any reason why I should not store a public key as the Column
> Qualifier and an encrypted value as the Value in a record? The idea is
> that my scan would return a set of encrypted values which would be
> unencrypted by the application using a private key. This is only works
> for simple data but it does allow each record to have a different
> encryption key pair.

+
David Medinets 2012-08-17, 01:43
+