Accumulo, mail # dev - Can Iterators be made user-specific or shell-session-specific?

+
David Medinets 2013-05-09, 13:47
+
John Vines 2013-05-09, 13:49
+
David Medinets 2013-05-09, 14:39
Re: Can Iterators be made user-specific or shell-session-specific?
David Medinets 2013-05-09, 14:44
There is a setscaniter shell command that I had missed. Thanks, David L!
On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 10:39 AM, David Medinets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Yes. But it seems like anything accessing that table also uses that
> iterator.
>

> On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 9:49 AM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> You can declare iterators to use at scan time.
>>
>> Sent from my phone, please pardon the typos and brevity.
>> On May 9, 2013 9:48 AM, "David Medinets" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > I'm asking in case I missed something in the documentation. This issue
>> > hasn't arisen before since I haven't shared tables before. When I
>> attach an
>> > iterator to a table in the shell, it affects everyone (and every
>> process)
>> > that accesses that table. Is there a standard of practice? Do people
>> clone
>> > tables before developing new iterators or before exploring data with
>> > existing iterators?

+
Keith Turner 2013-05-09, 14:45