Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: Differences between YARN and Hadoop

Re: Differences between YARN and Hadoop
Hi Andy,

Am moving your question to the cdh-user lists ([EMAIL PROTECTED],
or https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/cdh-user)
since it is CDH specific.

To answer your question, YARN is functional for MR2 and other
applications you wish to run on it, however it still has some
unpolished edges necessary to run it reliably well on production (such
as MR1 is). It should be ready for prime time very soon.

Since CDH4's MR API is fully compatible between the two, jobs you
compile on the CDH4 MR1 platform today will run on YARN+MR2 clusters
without needing a recompile later.