HBase >> mail # dev >> Metrics in 0.96

Metrics in 0.96
Hi,

I propose that we clean up the metrics for 0.96 as well (if that is not already underway. This includes switching to Hadoop Metrics v2 and adding all missing stats, as well as fixing those that are misleading or useless. For that reason I talked to our friends at Sematext during the Buzzwords HBase workshop, as well as to our internal HBase team. We all seem to agree and I'd be happy to setup some sort of call/task force to discuss what we need to work on etc. Obviously I would love for someone from the FB team to also partake as they have done heaps lately on that end - but I also understand if that is a timing issue.

What do y'all think? My reasoning is that 0.96 might become 1.0, but I would love for the metrics to be stable by then.

Cheers,
Lars
+
Stack 2012-06-15, 15:07