Hadoop, mail # user - mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum not working

Re: mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum not working
Chen He 2012-03-10, 02:16
you set the " mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum " in your job means
nothing. Because Hadoop mapreduce platform only checks this parameter when
it starts. This is a system configuration.

  You need to set it in your conf/mapred-site.xml file and restart your
hadoop mapreduce.