Hive >> mail # user >> Text file with ctrl chat as delimiter

+
Sam William 2012-06-19, 23:15
+
Mapred Learn 2012-06-20, 00:34
+
Mark Grover 2012-06-20, 13:24
+
Sam William 2012-06-20, 22:57
+
Mapred Learn 2012-06-21, 00:01
Re: Text file with ctrl chat as delimiter
Wow .. This works thanks..
Sam
On Jun 20, 2012, at 5:01 PM, Mapred Learn wrote:

> Hi Sam,
> Could you try '\001' instead of '\u0001' ?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jun 20, 2012, at 3:57 PM, Sam William <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> Mark,
>>  I did not get any errors, but it seemed like the splitting was happening with u,0,1  as delimiters.   My temporary fix is to define a table with one field and create a view  split function on top .  I dont want this additional overheard, if I can make the input format  work with the ctrl char  as the delimiter.
>>
>> Mapred Learn,
>>
>> Yes I did have the word 'external' in   the create table statement.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Sam
>>
>> On Jun 20, 2012, at 6:24 AM, Mark Grover wrote:
>>
>>> Sam,
>>> If you can please post a row or two of your data along with any errors you are getting, that would be helpful.
>>>
>>> Mark

Sam William
[EMAIL PROTECTED]