Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [ANNOUNCE] Intend to build a 0.20.205.1 candidate next Friday 11 Nov.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Intend to build a 0.20.205.1 candidate next Friday 11 Nov.
Hi Eli,
I said a couple weeks ago that I intended to cut 205.1 on Nov 11 -- that's
the
subject line of this thread :-)  However, I got busy and did not make the
11/11/11
date, for which I apologize.

In the meantime, a severe blocker bug, HADOOP-7853, has been found and fixed
by folks at Yahoo, related to kerberos ticket renewal in secure
environments with Hive.
And HDFS-2246 has become available, and properly committed to trunk.
So I think it is good to incorporate both these issues.

I now plan to cut the RC for 205.1 sometime over this long weekend.
Since this thread has gotten a little off-topic, I will send a new email
announcing that.

Thanks,
--Matt