Avro >> mail # dev >> Re: release 1.7.3 soon?

+
Sean Busbey 2012-11-29, 21:37
Re: release 1.7.3 soon?
AVRO-997 would be an incompatible change so we'd have to change the
release name to 1.8.0 and folks might then reasonably adopt it more
slowly, since it might break things.  I'd prefer to wait until we have
other more substantial incompatible changes; to group them together in
a single incompatible release.

Also, I don't think of AVRO-997 as a bug but rather a lack of error
checking.  The proposed change is to no longer permit folks to pass a
java.lang.Enum in generic data, but rather to force them to always use
GenericEnumSymbol, or switch to using specific or reflect, which allow
java.lang.Enum for enum symbols.  So if this is causing you problems,
you can simply change your code to use GenericEnumSymbol now rather
than wait until 1.8.0 forces you to make that change.

Am I missing something?

Doug

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 1:37 PM, Sean Busbey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> AVRO-997
+
Sean Busbey 2012-11-29, 22:07
+