Hive >> mail # user >> need some Clarification about tmp folder(urgent)

Re: need some Clarification about tmp folder(urgent)
to my knowledge this is all temporary data.

All the data related to your tables is stored on the location which you can
get with "desc formatted <table_name>"

this is a temporary hive storage place. If you kill the job in between,
this data in /tmp/ is left as stale data

--
Nitin Pawar