HDFS >> mail # user >> HDFS + ZooKeeper

+
Ozcan ILIKHAN 2011-04-23, 05:17
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2011-04-23, 05:41
Re: HDFS + ZooKeeper
This is an interesting question.  AvatarNode doesn't use Zookeeper?
Is there a drawback to implementing ZK for the NameNode other than the
potential bugs from a newly engineered feature?

Perhaps this issue is the main one for implementing the NameNode in
ZK?  HDFS-1623

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 10:41 PM, Jean-Daniel Cryans
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This is a 1M$ question. You could start thinking about this problem by
> looking at what "AvatarNode" does:
>
> J-D
>
> On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 10:17 PM, Ozcan ILIKHAN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Does anyone have any idea about how we can use HDFS with ZooKeeper? More
>> elaborately if NameNode fails DataNodes should be able to retrieve address
>> of new NameNode from ZooKeeper.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> ---------------------------------
>> Ozcan ILIKHAN
>> PhD Student, Graduate Research Assistant
>> Department of Computer Sciences
>> University of Wisconsin-Madison
>> http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ilikhan

+