HBase >> mail # user >> Optimizing Multi Gets in hbase

Optimizing Multi Gets in hbase
Hi,

I am trying to batched get(s) on a cluster. Here is the code:

List<Get> gets = ...
// Prepare my gets with the rows i need
myHTable.get(gets);

I have two questions about the above scenario:
i) Is this the most optimal way to do this ?
ii) I have a feeling that if there are multiple gets in this case, on the
same region, then each one of those shall instantiate separate scan(s) over
the region even though a single scan is sufficient. Am I mistaken here ?

Thanks
Varun