HBase >> mail # dev >> ANN: The third hbase 0.94.0 release candidate is available for download

Re: ANN: The third hbase 0.94.0 release candidate is available for download
On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 8:41 AM, Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> But older version has a filehandler leak in DN side for which Todd has
> provided fix in hadoop side. Refer to HDFS-3359.  We can easily reproduce
> this problem if we have a multiple column family table and frequent flushes
> happen and it impacts HBase heavily.

Have you seen actual impact from this? Or just a lot of xceivers? We
noticed and fixed the bug because we saw a lot of xceivers at a
customer site, but it turned out that the problem they were
experiencing was actually due to a different issue. The high number of
xceivers is "unhealthy" but didn't cause errors/downtime.

-Todd
--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera