Sqoop >> mail # user >> Installing sqoop on Amazon EMR

Installing sqoop on Amazon EMR
Hello,

I am trying to install sqoop on EMR instance (Hadoop 1.0.3), I tried to
compile it from source (1.4.2) but I am getting this error:

*Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found
class org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobContext, but interface was expected*

I did as the FAQ page (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SQOOP/FAQ)
but still with the same error.

I tried to use another versions and all with the same error.

the only tutorial I was able to fine was this:
http://blog.kylemulka.com/2012/04/how-to-install-sqoop-on-amazon-elastic-map-reduce-emr/
but as I said I am not using S3 and I need to run it on the same server.
Any suggestion how to install it on Amazon EMR?

Thanks.

--
Ibrahim