Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Timeouts and ping handling

+
Manosiz Bhattacharyya 2012-01-18, 21:26
+
Patrick Hunt 2012-01-18, 22:34
+
Patrick Hunt 2012-01-18, 22:41
+
Ted Dunning 2012-01-18, 22:47
+
Manosiz Bhattacharyya 2012-01-18, 22:47
+
Patrick Hunt 2012-01-18, 22:53
+
Manosiz Bhattacharyya 2012-01-19, 00:47
Re: Timeouts and ping handling
That really depends on whether you think that a stuck server is a problem.
 The primary indication of that is a full queue and you are suggesting that
we not detect this situation.  It isn't a matter of keeping the session
alive ... it is a matter of whether or not we can guarantee that things are
working.  By all appearances, they aren't and ZK is all about guarantees.

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 12:47 AM, Manosiz Bhattacharyya
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> We were trying to qualify the requests into two types - either HB's or
> normal requests. Isn't it better to reject normal requests if the queue
> size is full to say a certain threshold, but keep the session alive. That
> way the flow control can be achieved with the users session retrying the
> operation, but the session health would be maintained.

+
Manosiz Bhattacharyya 2012-01-19, 01:47
+
Ted Dunning 2012-01-19, 01:15