Kafka >> mail # dev >> RC3 status

Hey, so going through the RC3 thread I have the following votes

Chris Douglas + 1
Kevan Miller - 1
Jun Rao + 1
Jakob Homan + 1

I have googled a few times trying to piece together who is on the IPMC and
who is on our PPMC (explicitly and without deriving it from threads).   Do
we need a quorum from both? do we have it? did I miss someone?

My take on the thread is that the release is as sound as 0.7.0 but we have
some things we can improve on of which I think came down to having some
file that can call out transitive dependencies... now I don't want to get
into that all here on this thread, I will open a JIRA for that.

So for now, any assistance to where we are with this and if we are passed
vote what I do next would be great help thanks.

Sorry for the ignorance in regards to the process but I have always found
it more ignorant to not ask when you don't know something =8^)

/*
Joe Stein
http://www.linkedin.com/in/charmalloc
*/