Hive >> mail # user >> Re: HiveServer2 released in some branch

Re: HiveServer2 released in some branch
Hi Thejas,

thank you for the explanation.
So, HiveServer2 is going to be part of Hive 0.11, and I have read that
HCatalog is going
to be merged in version 0.11 too.

What is the target date for Hive 0.11 ?  I searched  this information or
a schedule, but
did not find. Do you, or someone, know this information ? Or can point
me to some
schedule page, etc.

Regards,

Rodrigo
On 03/20/2013 05:03 PM, Thejas Nair wrote:
> Rodrigo,
> New features usually go into new version (0.xx) . (0.xx.x versions are
> usually meant for releases with bug fixes).
> So HiveServer2 is likely to be part of next release (0.11), and not
> part of a (0.9.x or 0.10.x) .
> This is the usual practice that I have seen, and haven't heard of any
> plans to contrary.
>
> -Thejas (not a hive PMC member/committer)
>

> On 3/20/13 6:14 AM, Rodrigo Trujillo wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I see that the patches for HiveServer2 are committed in the trunk.
>> Any idea whether this feature is going to be released in current
>> branches ( 0.9.x or 0.10.x ) ?
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Rodrigo Trujillo

+