MapReduce >> mail # user >> RE: High Availability - second namenode (master2) issue: Incompatible namespaceIDs

+
Kartashov, Andy 2012-11-16, 14:11
+
Uma Maheswara Rao G 2012-11-16, 07:56
+
Vinayakumar B 2012-11-16, 08:31
+
Kartashov, Andy 2012-11-16, 14:15
+
ac@...) 2012-11-16, 11:07
High Availability - second namenode (master2) issue:  Incompatible namespaceIDs
Hi,

Please help!

I have installed a Hadoop Cluster with a single master (master1) and have HBase running on the HDFS.  Now I am setting up the second master  (master2) in order to form HA.  When I used JPS to check the cluster, I found :

2782 Jps
2126 NameNode
2720 SecondaryNameNode
i.e. The datanode on this server could not be started

In the log file, found:
2012-11-16 10:28:44,851 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode: java.io.IOException: Incompatible namespaceIDs in /app/hadoop/tmp/dfs/data: namenode namespaceID = 1356148070; datanode namespaceID = 1151604993

One of the possible solutions to fix this issue is to:  stop the cluster, reformat the NameNode, restart the cluster.
QUESTION: As I already have HBASE running on the cluster, if I reformat the NameNode, do I need to reinstall the entire HBASE? I don't mind to have all data lost as I don't have many data in HBASE and HDFS, however I don't want to re-install HBASE again.
On the other hand, I have tried another solution: stop the DataNode, edit the namespaceID in current/VERSION (i.e. set namespaceID=1151604993), restart the datanode, it doesn't work:
Warning: $HADOOP_HOME is deprecated.
starting master2, logging to /usr/local/hadoop-1.0.4/libexec/../logs/hadoop-hduser-master2-master2.out
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: master2
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: master2
Could not find the main class: master2.  Program will exit.
QUESTION: Any other solutions?

Thanks

+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-11-16, 13:28